The Purina Outstanding Derby Dog is Kirkwood’s Ace of Lone Star (“Lexie”), a Labrador Retriever owned by Casey Adams of Clarkdale, Arizona. With 10 wins and 23 placements, Lexie had a remarkable year. “From the day I picked her up at the airport and opened the crate door, she showed me she was different in a very good way,” says Adams. After starting her on the basics, when she was 5 months old, Adams took Lexie to John Henninger and Amie Duke of Tru-Line Retrievers in Jefferson, Oregon. “At 13 months old, she won three trials in a row, showing us that she really was special and giving us both our first blue ribbons,” Adams says. Lexie is fueled by Purina® Pro Plan® SPORT Performance 30/20 Formula.
Purina Sporting Dog Awards
See who earned the highest honor in field competition
The Purina Sporting Dog Award program promotes interest in field competition and recognizes handlers who exemplify hard work, effort, experience and sportsmanship.
- 2013-2014 Purina Top Shooting Dog Award
- 2013-2014 Purina Top Shooting Dog Amateur Award
- 2013-2014 Purina Top Shooting Dog Derby Award
- 2013-2014 Purina Top Shooting Dog Handler Award
- 2013-2014 Purina Top Field Trial Bird Dog Award
- 2014 Purina Amateur Top Field Trial Bird Dog
- 2013-2014 Purina Derby Top Field Trial Bird Dog Award
- 2013-2014 Purina Top All-Age Handler Award
- 2014 Purina Outstanding Field Trial Brace Beagle Award
- 2014 Purina Brace Beagle Champion Award
- 2014 Purina Brace Beagle Derby Award
- 2013 Purina Outstanding Bench Show Coonhound Award
- 2013 Purina Outstanding Nite Hunt Coonhound Award
- 2013 Purina Outstanding SPO Field Trial Beagle Award
- 2013 Purina Outstanding Open Retriever Award
- 2013 Purina Outstanding Amateur Retriever Award
- 2013 Purina Outstanding Derby Retriever Award
Feed your hunger for knowledge
With more than 80 years of research and innovation, Purina has proven that complete and comprehensive nutrition will fuel your dogs’ physical and mental capabilities. With our collection of canine nutrition articles, learn how your dogs can live and perform optimally through nourishing dog food and proper care.